History of the Karmann Ghia Owners Club (GB)
The initial aims of the club were to:
- Encourage interest in the Karmann Ghia
- Provide opportunities to meet fellow Karmann Ghia owners
- Assist fellow members to find parts for their cars and get parts remanufacture
- Secure discounts on parts
- Compile a register of cars
Membership after 12 months was 126. Current membership is now around 500 from all over the world.
One of the first major club get-togethers was a camping weekend in the Forest of Dean in July 1983. This meeting developed into what we now know as our International Meeting for UK and overseas Karmann Ghia owners, which is run by our members in different parts of the UK every year.
The club continues to have a presence at most of the major UK shows as well as many local events. Members represent the club at many European Karmann Ghia events.
Our club Spares Advisors continue to help members to find parts for their cars, and the service now includes having some specialist and difficult parts made for the club and holding stock.
07092 384 144