Club Vice President: Derek Frow
Chairman: Mark Poulton email@example.com
To build on the success of an active club for the satisfaction and enjoyment of its members and to uphold the reputation and image of the club.
1. Any Comments on or questions about the club’s activities
2. Any offers of assistance or new ideas to benefit our membership
Membership Secretary: Lynn Skinner firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide a friendly and approachable point of contact for members and new members.
1. General enquiries – if the MS doesn’t have the answer then they will usually know a man (committee member) who does!
2. Contacting the Membership Secretary is the first step towards receiving all the details on how to get your starter pack and most importantly the Karmann Komment (The club’s colour magazine).
Treasurer Gordon Balmer email@example.com
To ensure that all expenditure and income for the club is reliably recorded, audited and prudently maintained.
Any Financial matters relevant to the club’s operations.
Magazine Editor Stuart de Lacey firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure that all magazine printing deadlines are met and that the material is delivered to the printers to ensure punctual distribution to members.
1. Help and advice on any magazine related topic
2. Any articles you feel will be of interest to our members
Events Calender Co-ordinator Clive Richardson email@example.com
To keep the website and KK calender updated with events the club is involved in. Where possible assist local members with these shows by loan / supply of club publicity equipment.
1. To keep the clubs website calender updated and provide events list to be included in Karmann Komment
2. Help and advice on any show related topic
3. Loan of the of the club flags or other display material
International Club Liaison Clive Richardson firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide a focal point for all international activities of the club and to disseminate information within KGOC(GB) about overseas activities available to members.
Details of overseas meetings
Club Shop Secretary Peter Reilly email@example.com
To provide a mail order and shop service for KG related items to members.
1. Any items of club regalia you require
2. Suggestions for new products & services
Type 14 Reg Sec John Figg firstname.lastname@example.org
Type 34 Reg Sec Andy Holmes email@example.com
1. To maintain a detailed database of all known Type 14 / 34 cars owned by current and past members
2. To help members identify the past details and ownership of their cars
3. Details recorded include:
- Chassis No
- Engine No
- Body type
- Date of manufacture
- Owner’s name and address
- Photographs of the cars – preferably digital
- Special information on the car’s past history
1. Providing details of your car for inclusion in the register
2. Obtaining details – if known – of your car
3. Obtaining details – if known – of the previous owners of your car, subject to data protection considerations
Type 14 Spares Advisor Mark Poulton firstname.lastname@example.org
Type 34 Spares Sec Mark Poulton email@example.com
To provide advice and assistance on obtaining spare parts for the Karmann Ghia Types 14 and 34 and to run the club’s own spares service.
1.Technical advice about the vehicle
2. Advice on sources of supply from other, perhaps specialist, suppliers
To provide a locally based contact and focal point for club activities and to disseminate information about activities available to members.
1. Help and advice on technical queries
2. Any information about other local (not necessarily VW specific) shows
3. Any suggestions for shows where you would like to have a club stand
Ireland Area Rep Fred Symmons firstname.lastname@example.org
Scotland Area Rep Stephen Risi email@example.com
Northern Area Rep Bernie Holdershaw firstname.lastname@example.org
NW England Area Rep vacant email@example.com
Midlands Area Rep Bill Rudman firstname.lastname@example.org
Essex & Anglia Area Rep Phil Reid email@example.com
SouthWest Area Rep Simon Mann firstname.lastname@example.org
Southern Area Rep vacant email@example.com
Thames Valley & Chilterns Rep Mike Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org
South East & London Rep Mel & Guy Hartley email@example.com
CLUB PHONE NUMBER to contact any committee member – 07092 384144
Please note that the committee are all volunteers and give up their spare time to promoting the Club and for the benefit of members and other interested parties